Head-to-Toe Therapy-Ball Self-Massage Workshop
As athletes and individuals living a 21st-century lifestyle, our bodies are inundated with a host of stressors. Over time, these acute stressors become more chronic in nature and result in generalized aches and pains, in decreased functionality and performance. This workshop will give you tools to work out these kinks on your own, at home.
Advantages of self-massage (the roll-down low-down):
- Release physical tension. Learn techniques to soothe your personal hot spots.
- Breathe more freely. Physical tension and postural habits impede the breath. Unblock your respiration and repattern your carriage.
- Strengthen your active recovery sessions. Stretching is not the only, or even the most, effective way to increase flexibility. Self-massage breaks up adhered tissues to improve mobility. The balls also awaken unconscious body areas--improved body awareness leads to more skillful movement.
- Relieve stress. Stress is epidemic these days. Knead your physical form to relax the mental and emotional layers of your being.
- Learn more about yourself. Map your physical form and explore the mental and emotional states that self-care can evoke.
Along the way you’ll learn a bit of anatomy. Acupuncturists and other healthcare professionals will glean strategies that can be used with patients.
Alleviate pain and stress, move more freely, and breathe more easily. You’ll take a set of balls home with you (at no additional cost), so you can roll whenever and wherever you wish. Come get the ball rolling.